Justin is an associate of The Salt Lake Lawyers, a litigation firm that works in criminal, divorce, and civil litigation in Utah. Justin received his law degree in 2017 from the University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law. While in his final year of law school, Justin externed with the Utah Court of Appeals, interned for the Rocky Mountain Innocence Project, and served as a BioLaw Fellow with the S.J. Quinney Center for Law and Biomedical Sciences. In May of 2017, Justin began clerking with The Salt Lake Lawyers, and now serves as an associate attorney.
During law school, Justin interned with Utah Legal Services’ Native American Law Program, interned with the American Civil Liberties Union of Utah, staffed the S.J. Quinney Mobile Home Park Helpline, served as the Public Affairs and Special Events Officer for the S.J. Quinney International Law Society, and served as the Executive Vice President of the Social Justice Student Initiative. In addition, Justin was chosen as a Teacher’s Assistant for the Legal Writing course. He also received a highest ranked oral argument in the S.J. Quinney Traynor Moot Court competition, and received the Outstanding Achievement Award in his writing seminar course, Sexuality, Gender, and the Law.
Justin is active in the community and is particularly interested in Middle-Eastern studies and Critical Race Theory. He manages a blog that engages these subjects. Justin also serves as a volunteer attorney for Pro Se family law hearings. In addition, he serves as a volunteer every summer for the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards Camp where he creates and conducts a seminar on social justice for more than 250 youth.
Before attending law school, Justin lived in California and Beirut, Lebanon. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics (Minor in Political Science) from the University of California, Irvine, was selected for the Washington DC Internship Program, and interned with the United States House of Representatives.
Justin speaks Spanish and Arabic.
- JD – Juris Doctor – S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2017
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics) (Minor in Political Science) – University of California, Irvine, 2012.
- Utah State Bar
- Family Law Section of the Utah State Bar
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah
- LGBT & Allied Lawyers of Utah
Honors & Awards
- BioLaw/LABS Fellow for the S.J. Quinney Center for Law and Biomedical Sciences, 2016-2017
- Received highest ranking oral argument in the S.J. Quinney Traynor Moot Court Competition, 2016
- Outstanding Achievement Award in Sexuality, Gender, and the Law, Spring 2016
- Frankel Public Interest Fellowship Recipient, Spring 2016
- Pro Bono Initiative Certificate of Service, Spring 2016
- S.J. Quinney First-Year Legal Methods Course Teacher’s Assistant, 2016-2017
- Utah Court of Appeals – Judicial Extern to Judge Michele Christiansen, 2017
- Rocky Mountain Innocence Center – Legal Intern, 2016-2017
- American Civil Liberties Union – Legal Intern, 2016
- Utah Legal Services, Native American Law Program – Law Clerk, 2015